The 2011 Sketchbook Tour - San Francisco!

The 2011 Sketchbook Tour stopped in San Francisco this past weekend and I took the day off from work on Friday to check it out with some friends. It was set up just like a small little library, with a desk to sign up for a library card, and a station to check out and return books. The first two books I checked out were Lisa's and Rance's mom, Anita's books. It was so awesome to have the actual books in my hand! Then we lucked out and saw an amazing sketchbook titled Layers by Brenna Rose Killen. Her intricate and detailed drawings along with her clever layout made the book such a pleasure to look through. I kept flipping through it and didn't want to let go. The tour stops in a couple of more cities, but if you miss it, this amazing library of over 12,000 books will be permanently housed at the Brooklyn Art Library. Registration for the 2012 Tour is now open...I highly recommend that you join the fun next year! P.S. There are a few photos of my book over here on my friend Thu's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment